Saturday, October 25, 2008

Blessings

I think y'all must be praying for me!

Last night, while I spent 15 minutes (using the timer!) sitting on my floor sorting through some things, I found some verses and such that I have printed out over the years and have had posted around to remind me of important truths. The funny thing was, they were in a box full of baby books and pictures. What a "co-incidence" that they were in the one box of stuff that I sorted yesterday (one box because I'm being a good girl, you know).

Some highlights:

Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
... God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong...
Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord.
I Cor. 1.25, 27, 31

The present circumstance, which presses so hard against you (if surrendered to Christ) is the best shaped tool in the Father's hand to chisel you for eternity. TRUST HIM, THEN. Do not push away the instrument lest you lose its work.
Mrs. Charles E Cowman, Streams in the Desert

And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." ... I will rather boast about my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may dwell in me ... for when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Cor. 12.9,10

Mary was listening to the Lord's word, seated at His feet.
Martha was distracted with all her preparations.
But the Lord answered and said to her,
"Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things; but only a few things are necessary,
really only one,
for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her."
Luke 10.39-42

1 comment:

MagenRanae said...

:) You should definitely find places to re-post those in the new house!