Thursday, January 11, 2007

I'm still alive!

I haven't posted much lately, but thought I'd at least check in. I've been sick since before Christmas, and it seems every time I start to feel the least bit functionable (I think I coined that word - are you impressed) I go nuts being productive and set myself waaaaayyyy back on the path to health.

So this Monday, I was feeling better than I had in a long time. Got a bunch of stuff done around the house and sent myelf into a tailspin. Tuesday morning I was committed to watching a friend's children (interesting set-up, that - segregated babysitting to try to keep her kiddos from getting our yuck). Got home Tuesday afternoon, went to bed at 3pm and slept till 9 Wednesday morning (with a couple hours up to eat supper and such). Wednesday and today I've done very little active stuff, just trying to rest and get well.

I wonder sometimes how many times I will have to re-learn the lesson that if I don't take care of myself, I can't take care of anyone or anything else. I owe it to my family to be wiser than this, I tell ya! :-)

1 comment:

Shawna said...

hey girl!

I haven't seen you around much anywhere on the internet world that we share.

Praying all is well.

love ya
shawna