Friday, November 10, 2006

My Balancing Journey - Part 1 - Beginning to Grasp Reality

In May of 2006, we were down in NC to visit family, and I missed most of a day of precious fellowship with family because I was in such intense pain.

I was finally able to put into words some things that had been going on with my body for the last 6-8 months. It wasn't cramps - I've known cramps for years. It was as if what my body had formerly done over the course of 5 days each month, it was now trying to do all in one day. It didn't quite accomplish that; it took 3 days usually, but the intensity of that one day would blow me out of commission entirely.

I also began to grasp that something had to be going on. What, I didn't know, and I didn't know how to find out. Maybe I didn't want to find out...

No comments: