Friday, February 12, 2010

The Missouri Capitol

Tracy mentioned this bit of trivia about the capitol: The "pretty" side of the capitol is facing the river. Supposedly this is because when the capitol was built most people arrived by boat and so that was the side people saw first.

I think that's correct, but the other side (that many folks today call the "front" is also very impressive. Since I didn't get any pictures of that side this week, I thought I'd post again and show both sides of the building.

The river side:


And the side that faces the town (picture from a couple of years ago):


From either direction, I've always thought it was a beautiful building.

1 comment:

Kim & Dave said...

It is one of the most beautiful capitol buildings I have seen. I have always thought that, even though I'm not a Missouri girl. (pretty close, though-I guess in some places, Missouri is less than 30 minutes away from where I grew up!)