Tuesday, May 12, 2009

3 Appropriate Things

The following are some thoughts from Andrew that were included in May's KBC Good News email. I found them to be a blessing.


1 Oh give thanks to the LORD, call upon His name;
Make known His deeds among the peoples.
2 Sing to Him, sing praises to Him;
Speak of all His wonders.
3 Glory in His holy name;
Let the heart of those who seek the LORD be glad.
4 Seek the LORD and His strength;
Seek His face continually.
Psalm 105:1-4
~~~
Sometimes it's hard to know what to do. I was encouraged this weekend to find these three things in Psalm 105 that are always appropriate:
1) Sing to the Lord
I love to sing, and there is nothing better to sing about than our Great God and Father. Not only can I sing about Him, I can sing to Him. He loves to hear the praises of His people. He is always ready to hear my song.
2) Speak of His wonders
There is no end to the good things God has done for us, but the biggest and best is the wonder of the incarnation, death and resurrection of His only Son so that we might have eternal life in Him. I want to be ready in season and out of season to tell others of the eternal hope I have in Christ.
3) Seek His face continually
I feel prone to wander, but I know the One who saved me continues to preserve and perfect me that He might present me holy and blameless as part of His spotless bride.
On this Monday morning I hope you are encouraged, as I am, to sing to, speak of and seek our Mighty God. - APH

No comments: