Monday, March 31, 2008

The School Barn

Those of you who have been reading for a while remember the days of Dad and Mom Smith building "The Barn" in our backyard. They lived there for over a year, until they found a rental house in November.

In February, I mentioned my interest in turning The Barn into our school area, and Dad and Mom Smith were wonderful about working and working to clear it out for us. We've been having school over there for a couple of weeks, and we think it's wonderful!

I thought I'd give a little tour of the school area:

I inherited this armoire from some friends, and it is part of my "cubby." It's not all that organized yet, but I like it a lot.


Here's another shot of the corner that holds my cubbyhole and the little girls' picnic table.



This is the side of the room where we currently have desks lined up for the older kids. We'd like to get a long countertop for them, but these desks work for now. And for the record, they rotate who "gets" to use the TV tray.



Near the stairs is the trusty homemade cabinet that has been with me in one form or another since I found it at a yard sale when I lived at Kansas Bible Camp, and a bookshelf that formerly resided in the living room.




The other thing that I'm loving about our new use of The Barn is found upstairs..


See the TV? It's not an extra TV, it's just our regular old TV, but it is Not In The House! Love it! This is our new "family room" area. We're also excited about it being a nice guest room that is completely cat free.

1 comment:

Jessie said...

That is so fun that you have barn/house. I keep telling Joe I would love to live in a house that looked like a barn. It's probably the farm girl in me.
Very exciting, I love it!