Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Trying out Windows Live Writer

I read a recommendation recently for using Windows Live Writer for blogging, so I’m giving it a shot.  The part that interests me is being able to use it to insert photos using Picasa or Flickr. 

The above picture I inserted using the Picasa plugin.  I don’t know how to move it or resize it, but from what I read, once I figure that out, it will save my settings and insert photos accordingly each time.

And here I’ll try one using the Flickr plugin:Pond View

That was a bit more user friendly.  Easy to find how to put it in the middle, choose a size, etc.

I’m curious how the formatting works.

And I’m looking forward to playing with this more. 

Do any of you use WLW? 

Are there other blogging tools that you find helpful?

P.S. – No major labor progress yet.  We’re at Dad and Mom Smith’s right now.  They fed us a wonderful meal of chicken alfredo and we’ve had a nice visit.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Laurel,
Picasa is what I use mostly and I love the options for tweaking photos. I'm not familiar w/ WLW or Flickr, but may have to work w/ them too.
Praying for progress!
Laurie