Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Quiet

I haven't blogged since last Thursday. It seems ages ago. We faced a bitter disappointment in the Missouri legislature this year, which came to a head on Friday the 16th, the last day of session. I'm not going to be blogging much about it, but I've been doing a lot of processing - internally, verbally with Jonathan, and by phone and email with other leaders in the Missouri work to legalize professional midwives. And in lots of conversation with my heavenly Father!

The phrase "bitter disappointment" seems quite cliche, and I apologize. It fits, though it's a bit understated. I thought I had dealt with all sorts of disappointment, but our experience this year has been different than any other in my life.

So, I'd treasure your prayers as I process, seek to learn what the Lord has to teach me through this, and work to establish future direction in this area.

And I'll try to get back to blogging. I still have lots of pictures to share, though I got many posted during my hours of waiting by my computer for the next task in the last week of session.

3 comments:

MagenRanae said...

Laurel,
I love your tender heart about this situation. I am praying for you today.

Eryn said...

i am sorry laurel. i know how much this meant to you.

Shawna said...

tag, your it! :)

see my blog.