Monday, April 07, 2008

Long Overdue Project

Seven years ago this summer, not long after the arrival of our sweet Kate, I started her baby quilt. It didn't take me that long to piece, but as is my unfortunate tendency, I took ages to quilt it.

Over a year ago, I finally finished quilting it - yay me! But I couldn't find the fabric for the binding... until sometime last fall. And today, I finally was inspired to get the binding sewn on!

So many months of procrastinating, it took me all of one naptime to get the binding cut, the quilt trimmed up, and the binding sewn on so that I can finish it by hand. I loved this tweaked continuous binding method I tried for the first time today.

I took some close up pictures of the quilting, but I'm going to wait to post them until I get the binding finished. Here's the front (with the binding waiting to be folded over and handsewn on the other side):

And the back:


MagenRanae said...

Way to go on getting it done! I have partially completed projects myself....

Jessie said...

Great Job!