Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Locks of Love

We were inspired by a friend, and Kate and Ellie decided a couple weeks ago to get their hair cut for Locks of Love. We finally got it done today, and I thought I'd share some pictures.

Before:

During:



And after:


We took them to the local cosmotology college, and think they did a nice job. The only thing that made me less than happy with it is that they took off way more than they needed on Kate's. Her ponytail is over 12" long, and they only need 10" for L o L. If the girls want to do it again, I'm taking my own ruler. Thankfully the student realized that the comb was longer than 6" and pointed it out to the teacher before they cut Ellie's hair - she didn't have the extra to spare. :-)

Big bonus - it ended up being free! Though I asked when I called if they did comp cuts for Locks and Love and they said no, she said when they got done that there would be no charge. A wonderful extra blessing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is WONDERFUL. I'm a big proponent of LoL. If my hair ever gets that long again, I plan on doing the same think.

Way to go, Kate and Ellie!

P.S. Your new bobs are adorable.

MagenRanae said...

Way fun! I have done LoL before...it is soooo odd the first time you wash and brush your hair after that. I used WAY too much shampoo..you need way less with a foot missing! :)

Eryn said...

very cute! i think both of their hair cuts look just right!