Tuesday, March 09, 2010

God's Love for Me

I was touched today by this story from the Compassion International bloggers trip to Kenya.

No, that's not it. I was broken. Ugly cry kind of broken.

That this young man can demonstrate such faith in God's love for Him in the midst of one of the nastiest slums in the world... it simply brought me to sobs of repentence for my doubting heart. We all have "slumy" areas of our lives and hearts, don't we? And isn't it easy to begin to doubt His love? Yet HE never falters!

GOD LUV'S ME
Enough to Feed me,
Bless me, and
Give me hope for the future.
Amen.
~Eliud's daily prayer

The LORD is compassionate and gracious, Slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness. Ps. 103.8

My heart is full of thankfulness tonight for my Heavenly Father's love. May I keep His love at the forefront of my mind and heart.

3 comments:

Tracy Crowe Jones said...

Win, Rob, Steve and I have been strong supporters of Compassion International for years. Win and I have been following the same blog. It's hard to even put into words how touching the realness and rawness of this blog has been.

BTW...Win got to make a trip to El Salvodor recently to meet one of the children they sponsor. It was a life changing experience for her. Coincidentally, she was there a week before the typhoon hit. The project where her sponsored child is located was relatively untouched, but other projects she visited - including a home where a mother had just brought home her five day old baby - were deeply affected. Fortunately, Compassion was there to bring as much comfort and respite as possible.

I wish everyone would spend the $34 a month to support one child. What a difference it makes in the world.

Genene said...

That certainly reveals the selfishness of my prayers. Oh, that I might remember, with thanksgiving, that "GOD LUV'S ME
Enough to Feed me,
Bless me, and
Give me hope for the future.
Amen."
I was deeply touched by the simplicity and profoundness of faith in our heavenly Father. I could hardly finish reading through the tears that blinded my eyes.

Jessie said...

I have been following her posts, and they about make me sob every time. So touching.