Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Not Giving Up - An Update

Many thanks for the encouraging words, my friends! Asking for help has always been difficult for me - thank you for making it "worth it." :-)

The Lord used Amy over at Amy's Humble Musings in some super practical ways to accomplish quite a lot in my heart/our home in a relatively short amount of time, and I thought I'd share them...

Amy's "Take a Deep Breath" blog (which thankfully Shawna posted about) prevented me from tearing down the walls and starting over with my truckload of 2x4's. He used her "Rest for Weary Homeschool Moms" to re-focus my heart and get me on the right track mentally and spiritually. And as I talked Sunday night (rationally, even!) with my programmer hubby, we found her schedule a great jumping-off point for getting into a routine. I'd tried the MOTH thing before, and though I think it is a great tool, it became a master for me, and I pretty much gave up on scheduling because I was such a not nice person while I was using that system.

Yesterday and today have found us non-stressfully beginning to work our way into a new routine, one that I think will focus us on our priorities and give us freedom and flexibility. We have a ways to go, and I'm realizing that baby steps are okay. And they're much better than truckloads of 2x4's!!

1 comment:

Shawna said...

oh Laurel! I am so glad. We have had lots talks recently about repairing the wood rot, not buying a truck of 2x4's. I love Amy!